Alvin Lutheran Church was founded in November 1937 as a group of citizens gathered together for the purpose of forming a Lutheran congregation. The congregation was granted a charter by the American Lutheran Church, a predecessor body of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We are part of the Texas-Louisiana Gulf Coast Synod, which is under the care of Bishop Elizabeth Eaton.
We are a medium-sized congregation with a big heart. We are situated in Alvin, a town of 24,000 people, we are located approximately 35 miles south of Houston, in rapidly-growing Brazoria County. We are meeting the challenge of having rural roots, yet moving forward as Alvin is growing quickly to become a suburb of Houston. We are committed to proclaiming the Word of God and celebrating the Sacraments as we live out our baptismal calling to make disciples of Jesus Christ.